Monday, March 23, 2009

Artist Spotlight : Yulia Brodskya




IS THIS STUFF EXTRAORDINARY? OR WHAT?




SHE GIVES US PAPERCRAFTERS A WHOLE NEW LEVEL OF AMAZING TO LIVE UP TO!!!
























This woman is absolutely amazing! She gives new meaning to the term Paper Crafter. I am enthralled with her work, her creations, and her style. I can only dream of attaining this level of artistic success. I found her website through one of my favorite design blogs; and I knew that I must share her here with you. I will let her describe herself, and her art in her own words...as I could not do them justice. I hope that you enjoy her art as much as I do. it is breathtaking in it's intricacy.
"I was born in Russia where I started out as a fine artist producing contemporary office decoration artwork for Moscow based companies while studying for my first degree in Graphic Design. In 2004 I moved to London, earned my M.A. in Graphic Communication and since then have been busy with parallel careers as an illustrator and a freelance graphic designer. Awards: 1st prize in the Russian Conceptual Packaging Design Competition; in recognition of typographic achievement I have been elected a Member of the International Society of Typographic Designers (2006). Clients include Orange, RedBull, BBH, How2 T-shirts, International Organ Festival, ARMI, Touchnote cards and CUBE magazine. I’m constantly experimenting and evolving, always pushing my style in new directions: my greatest passion is to explore the ways of combining illustration and typography. "

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's some amazing stuff!!

    Question for ya: where did that "Make art not war" graphic come from? It's really neat and I'd kinda like to use it on my art/craft/photo blog once I get it up and running again.

    ReplyDelete